We have all faced ethical dilemmas as some point. Think about an ethical dilemma that you previously faced and answer the following questions. The dilemma can be a personal issue or a problem related to a work situation.
1. Explain why the chosen issue is an ethical dilemma and not a temptation. Make sure to clearly explain the dilemma and its context.
2. What was your final decision regarding the dilemma? What were the alternatives?
3. Refer back to Chapter 2. Which of the 3 theories (Deontological, Teleological, Social Contract) do you feel you used to reach your decision? Explain your answer.
4. Apply the tests for rationalization and explain the outcome.
5. Now that you have studied the basics of ethical decision-making, would you approach the situation differently today? How would it be different and why?